Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Long, Long Time Ago

In a galaxy far, far away I started a blog.  I am shocked to realize it has been over a month since I posted anything!  How did that happen?!

I was super grumpy pretty much all of February, so that's probably why the posts have been non-existent.  I have nothing specific to be grumpy about, I think I'm just a little stressed out in general.  I think mainly it's about getting a house.  We did a fair amount of house hunting last month, and I didn't tell anyone but close family, but we actually put an offer on one!  We offered $10,000 less than selling price, so they did counter-offer.  I'm trying to counter-offer again but I have to get through underwriting first.  It's this big ordeal, and I won't know anything until a week from Monday.  I'm really excited about the house thing becoming real, but I'm nervous that somehow I will be shot down in the end because of my poor credit history.

What else has gone on this month?  I still haven't mailed my Dad's Christmas present to him (that I legitimately had before Christmas) and I'm starting to feel guilty about it (to the point of having dreams).  I have the shipment box and everything, but the days are flying by and I just keep forgetting!  I feel guilty about my dad a lot and it results into me calling him less and feeling even guiltier.  But then again, he hasn't called me either, so maybe I shouldn't bear all the weight.

My co-worker gave a months notice that she was leaving the job and it's been two weeks and my bosses haven't even started looking for a replacement.  I'm a little stressed about that because if they fail to find someone in time for her to train then I'll be stuck with a LOT of extra work (and no, my pay will not increase, even if I work overtime, I am on salary).

Oh! We finally went snowboarding this week!  I took Thursday off and Troy and I went up to the mountain.  I had a fantastic time!  I guess it kind of is like riding a bike because I was much better than I thought I would be after not going for 10 years!  Troy was a little discouraged at first, but each run he got better and better.  I think it's something we will do a lot more often next season, now that we have the gear and understand what it's going to be like.  I'm really happy we we

That's pretty much the update.  All my animals are great.  Tula is doing really well with her puppy classes.  Someone donated a humongous cat tree to my work and no one else wanted it so I got it.  The kitties LOVE it!

So that's all I got, even after a month of not posting!  Here's to better times and more regular posts!  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Friend. Hows it going? I enjoyed reading your updated post. I'm glad you finally got to go snowboarding. I hope this month is better for you stress wise. I don't really have a lot to say but wanted you to know I read your post. I am definitely going to the other side. R talked to me about it today. I can't wait to be out of there. Maybe I should apply for your coworkers position. Wouldn't that be a riot? Would that be considered being a traitor? I'd for sure do it then....LOL Well I've gotta go. Should probably update my blog also. We'll see.

    Talk to you soon!
    RaeAnn

    ReplyDelete