Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Waffles for Dinner

In the car on the way home from work I had sooooo much to say! Then I ate waffles and now I'm in a food coma and all I want to do is play Rock Band. Also, Troy is watching a video of Kevin Smith doing stand up comedy and it's very distracting.

Anyway, I had a good weekend. We had to pick up Tula at mom's work early on Saturday. We ended up going for a hike on the Sandy River Delta so that Tula could burn some energy before we brought her home (otherwise  she chews everything and is difficult to manage). It was really nice, there were a LOT of dogs there.  It tired us out though!

I want to talk about Tula for a minute. She stresses me out. She has stranger danger issues, so she growls at people she doesn't know when they invade her space. She seems to do better when she is out and about, like on our hike plenty of people passed us, but she only slightly growled at one. I also take her to daycare on Mondays (not the one I share my work with, she seems to do better at another place that has a large outside area), and she did growl at the staff members at first, but they were so good and patient she now goes there and loves it and is totally comfortable. However, I took her to puppy class on Monday evening and she really had a hard time. She growled at everyone and I could tell they were all nervous which really stresses me out. As a Mastiff mix, she's a big girl and I can't blame other people for being scared, but it makes me sad when other people think she's dangerous. Especially at this point when I can't rule out that she's not, there is possibility she could bite someone, hence puppy classes. The puppy class trainer is going to call me tomorrow, and I think she'll kick me out of class  and tell me to do one-on-one training. I'm happy to do that, I'm just disappointed that Tula can't handle group classes. I didn't know initially how much of a problem child she actually is, I would have re-thought the adoption as I really don't have the skills to handle this. Luckily, I have resources to gain the skills, and I love her enough to be willing to do whatever I can to get her over her fears.  It's just, man, it's stressful!

I'm going with my mom to see a psychic on Saturday. I've been to her a couple of times, and I am still confused as to what I believe, but regardless, it's comforting to go to someone and be reassured that life isn't out of control. It's like a therapy session....if the therapist believes they are speaking to you through angels. Like I said, I'm confused, she might be.

But I don't believe in God. I don't want to offend anyone, but I want to say, clearly, that I don't believe in it.  I don't get to announce that very often. But this is my blog and I can say what I want without feeling judged.  So there you have it, America, I'm possibly an atheist (or not, depending on the angel thing).

Out.

1 comment:

  1. First off, I would like to say thank you for the comments and encouragement on my blog. It means a lot. I would love to hang out with you sometime. Its hard to know when because I usually have to pick Mary up from work on days I close. I wanted to try to email you (to email privately but can't get to your email address on here) I'll try to get yours or give you mine at work next time we get a chance to talk. Maybe we could hang out on the weekend or something.
    I'm sorry the pub was fun the other night. I agree that its rude when someone does what your coworker did. Also a pet peeve of mine.
    Now to your blog.
    I am at the same place with Wyatt as you are with Tula. The difference is that he's not a mastiff, but still seems like he could be dangerous. I was talking to J at work awhile ago about Training. She said that you don't have to know everything in the book as long as you are consistent with what you do and how you train. We are working on that. Use the sources you have, and you will get things under control eventually. Heres how I think of Wyatt...He had a rough past, and is only a year old which means puppy. That is bound to cause issues. I can't blame him for that. I can only love him and be patient and hope that eventually he will come around.
    I am also not sure if I believe in God or not. I grew up in the church but am not sure anymore. I would like to believe there is a god but need proof and there doesn't seem to be any.
    I have also seen a psychic. A good friend of mine is psychic and into the paranormal side of things and it just makes sense.

    Well I'm done at school and heading home. See you tomorrow...
    R
    A
    E
    A
    N
    N

    ReplyDelete